STAYING SHARP IN LIVERPOOL, NEW YORK: BRAIN EXPERTS DISCUSS SUCCESSFUL AGING AT FREE FORUM
STAYING SHARP IN LIVERPOOL, NEW YORK:
BRAIN EXPERTS DISCUSS SUCCESSFUL AGING AT FREE FORUM
Brain function and health will be the focus of the Staying Sharp session on April 14 at the Holiday Inn in Liverpool, New York. The program will begin with a panel discussion, followed by an audience Q&A.
A brain fair for all ages will kick off and follow the session, and will include information booths, demonstration tables, and hands-on activities.
The program is presented by the Dana Alliance for Brain Initiatives, MetLife Foundation, the Lerner Center for Public Health Promotion, and AARP. Featured speakers will be:
- Lisa D. Alford, Commissioner of Aging and Youth for Onondaga County
- Nabil A. Aziz, M.D., Neurologist, Neurological Care Center
- Sharon A. Brangman, M.D., Professor of Medicine, Geriatrics Division Chief, Upstate Medical University
- Tarakad Ramachandran, M.D., Medical Director of Neuroscience Services, Crouse Hospital
- Marilyn Pinsky (moderator), AARP New York State President
Saturday, April 14
Panel Discussion and Q&A: 10:00AM – 12:00PM
Brain Fair: 9:00AM – 10:00 and 12:00PM – 1:00PM
The events are free and open to the public and refreshments will be served. For reservations please call 1-877-926-8300
441 Electronics Parkway
Liverpool, NY 13088
The Dana Alliance for Brain Initiatives is a nonprofit organization of more than 300 leading neuroscientists, including ten Nobel laureates, committed to advancing public awareness about the progress and benefits of brain research.
Staying Sharp is a series of public forums and educational booklets for older Americans. Since its inception in 1994, the series has been attended by more than 34,000 people in 37 cities across the United States.