The aging brain, memory, and cognitive health will be the focus
of the Staying Sharp event on Saturday, March 29 at the Allen Temple Baptist Church in Oakland, CA. The free program will begin with an expert panel discussion, followed by an audience question and answer session. Food and refreshments will be provided.
The program is presented by the Dana Foundation, MetLife Foundation, AARP, and Allen Temple Baptist Church.
- Jackie Bolds, M.D., Internal Medicine, Alameda Health System
- Monika B. Eckfield, RN, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, California State University, East Bay
- Patrick A. Griffith, M.D., FAAN, Professor, Clinical Medicine, Chief of Neurology, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Marcus Penn, M.D., CYT, Self Care Reform Health & Wellness Consultancy
- Paulina Van, RN, Ph.D., CNE (moderator), Chair, Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, California State University, East Bay
The Dana Foundation is committed to advancing brain research
and to educating the public in a responsible manner about the potential of
Staying Sharp is a series of public forums and educational booklets for older Americans. Since its inception in 1994, the series has been attended by more than 34,000 people in 39 cities across the United States.